Ⅰ. Phonetics(10 Points)$lesson$
In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1.A. head B. horizon C. honour D. human转自环 球 网 校edu24ol.com
2.A. city B. bicycle C. face D. climb
3.A. think B. these C. breathe D. with
4.A. ground B. country C. thousand D. found
5.A. pour B. hour C. course D. four
6.A. both B. post C. cold D. son
7.A. altogether B. talk C. always D. also
8.A. suggestion B. nation C. dictation D. satisfaction
9.A. started B. closed C. waited D. needed
10.A. rare B. fare C. scare D. are
Ⅱ.Vocabulary and Structure(40 points)
There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
11. _______ idea of _______ sounds much better than Clare’s.
A. The, hers B. That, her C. That, hers D. One, her
12. China is famous ________ the Great Wall.
A. about B. for C. as D. of
13. Our school ________ new facilities.
A. is equipped with B. equips with C. will be equip with D. has equip with
14. I made this myself but it was _______ who taught me.
A. he B. him C. himself D. by him
15. He had his bicycle _______ yesterday.
A. repair B. repairing C. repaired D. be repaired转自环 球 网 校edu24ol.com
16. It was a ________ room, with beautiful wall paper, waxed floor and nice furniture.
A. pleased B. pleasant C. pleasing D. preasant
17. He regretted _______the decision too hastily.
A. make B. to make C. making D. have maked
18. The professor insisted that we _______ our homework before next month.
A. handed in B. will hand in C. hand in D. must hand in
19. It ______ me of the country which we visited last summer.
A. remembers B. recalls C. reminds D. tells
20. He _______ smoking at last.
A. gave up B. gave out C. gave in D. gave off
21. John was _______ he lay down for an hour before dinner.
A. so tired as B. so tired that C. too tired that D. too tired so
22. Your answer is different ________ the teacher’s.
A. to B. at C. from D. with
23. It would be _______ a risk to leave the baby alone.
A. running B. passing C. carrying D. obeying
24. The fact _______ his health is bad is not true.
A. which B. that C. as D. what
25. These ______ did unusually well in the contest, so the judges didn’t know whom to give prize to.
A. woman singers B. women singers C. women singer D. womans singers
26. Man must stop _______ the earth’s atmosphere.
A. filling B. wasting C. polluting D. blackening
27. We can’t _______ another 100 kilometers any more.
A. have B. turn C. make D. reach
28. Is Mary ______ to join in us?
A. supposed B. exposed C. supported D. indicated
29. I want to be told all _______.
A. which happen B. which happened
C. that had happened D. that had been happened
30. We’ve all heard of Thomas Edison, _______ who invented the electric light and many other things.
A. man B. a man C. the man D. men
31. Don’t tell me such things _______ you are not certain.
A. that B. which C. those D. as
32. _______ a microscope we can see different kinds of things that are unable to be seen by our naked eyes.
A. In terms of B. In place of C. By means of D. By far
33. Jackson went to work ______ his illness.
A. besides B. even though C. in spite of D. although
34. Anybody will do, _______ he is responsible for that.
A. as far as B. so far as C. as long as D. as soon as
35. I suppose they have known about it, _______?
A. am I B. am not I C. have they D. haven’t they
36. It ______ him ten years to write that novel.
A. took B. spent C. cosplayt D. cosplayted
37. The students are looking forward to _______ their holidays in Japan.
A. spend B. spending C. for spend D. spent
38. They all ______ mentioning that girl.
A. avoided B. got away C. ran away D. escaped
39. Human beings should find a new _______ of energy.
A. orient B. source C. origin D. souse
40. The couch is comfortable to _______.
A. sit B. be sat C. sitted D. sit on
41. So loudly _______ that all the people in the room got a fright.
A. he shouted B. shout he C. did he shout D. he did shout
42. He is the only one of the sons in the family who ______ received high education.
A. are B. is C. have D. has
43. We think of Mr. Li ______ our good friend.
A. is B. to be C. as D. has been
44. The mountain is 1,000 feet _______ the sea level.
A. over B. higher C. above D. high
45. The road will be blocked if there _______ another snow.
A. is B. will be C. to be D. will have
46. David like country life and has decided to _______ farming.
A. get hold of B. get along with C. go in for D. go thorough
47. These children have an advantage _______ those in calculation.
A. over B. than C. to D. with
48. Shanghai has a larger population than _______ in China.
A. any city B. any other cities C. other city D. any other city
49. In some countries there are a lot of young people now need _______teeth.
A. false B. untrue C. wrong D. erroneous
50. This book cosplayts ______ that one.
A. twice more B. twice more as C. two times more as D. twice as much as